In this guide, we’ll go over the steps to tame an ocelot in Minecraft and enjoy all the benefits of having a feline friend by your side. So, if you’re ready to embark on this feline friendship journey, let’s start with How To Tame An Ocelot In Minecraft!
If you’re a Minecraft player looking to add a feline companion to your adventures, taming an ocelot might be just the thing you need! Ocelots are shy and skittish creatures found in jungle biomes, but with a little patience and some raw fish, you can win their trust and make them your loyal companion.
How To Tame An Ocelot In Minecraft?
Ocelots are among the fastest enemies in the game because they can sprint. If a Minecraft player feeding them moves just a little bit or moves too quickly, they will use this sprint speed.
This makes Minecraft ocelots one of the most challenging mobs to tame. Players might be cautious in their attempt to tame them due to their subsequent conduct.
To win an ocelot’s trust and have it follow you around, take the following actions:
- Catch at least 20 uncooked fish while fishing in a lake or river (raw cod or salmon).
- Find an ocelot by going to a jungle area. Avoid getting too close to it since it can flee if you do.
- An ocelot will approach.
- Hold the uncooked fish in your palm while waiting for it to approach.
- Give Minecraft ocelot some raw fish to eat. The platform you’re using will determine how you do this:
- If you are using a PC, then Right-click and keep holding.
- If you are using a mobile, then tap and hold the screen.
- On Xbox, hold the L button.
- On the PlayStation, press and hold L2
- On Nintendo, hold down ZL.
- Continue feeding it until red hearts start to appear above the ocelot fish’s head. After which, the ocelot will be tamed and breeding the ocelot will give off some Minecraft Xp.
Do ocelots still turn into cats when tamed?
Tamed ocelots in earlier versions of Minecraft transformed into cats. Now, cats have their mob that you can tame using raw fish. This stopped when Mojang introduced a new, distinct Cat mob to the game. So, if you are looking, why won’t my minecraft ocelot turn into a cat? Here is the answer.
Ocelots no longer transform into cats due to the Village and Pillage update, where you may now tame cats from stray cats that spawn in villages, just like you did with ocelots in the past.
Minecraft Ocelots: What You Can Do with Them?
Trained ocelots, like actual cats, won’t stick by your side forever unless you offer them food as a reward. Otherwise, they will stray. Holding raw fish in your palm will keep them close enough. Having an ocelot by your side will assist you in moving through places with many Creepers.
Do ocelots keep creepers away?
Ocelots are an excellent defence against Creepers since they will flee from them. If they are too close to the player, creepers can still explode.
The number of mobs in Minecraft is always growing, which excites the players. Nonetheless, they could have trouble with fresh arrivals, especially when it comes to taming. Today we looked at how to tame Minecraft ocelots. We hope you find our guide helpful.