If you own an iPhone, you may wonder how to pair multiple Bluetooth speakers to your device. People have been asking about this for a long time, and several approaches exist. Some people desire to connect multiple Bluetooth speakers for a variety of reasons, including a party, a wedding, or to improve the sound of their music. Pairing numerous Bluetooth devices is possible, but it is more complex than it appears because Apple devices need these features.
We have some ways to assist you by utilizing Bluetooth, the HomePod Stereo Pair, or third-party apps.
Can We Connect iPhone With Multiple Bluetooth Speakers At The Same Time?
You can connect multiple Bluetooth speakers to various models of iPhone. You can also use the linking feature, which is incompatible with all mobile devices. Here’s all you need to know about how to connect 2 Bluetooth speakers iPhone.
iPhone 5 (Multiple Bluetooth Connectivity): If the iPhone 5 has Bluetooth 5, it can connect to two or more Bluetooth speakers. If your phone runs the older four versions, you can connect to multiple Bluetooth speakers. There are two Bluetooth models. Apps such as Ampme, Bose Connect, and Ultimate Ears allow you to connect additional speakers.
Can We Connect Two Bluetooth Speakers To iPhone?
Apple recommends limiting the number of Bluetooth devices linked to three or four for practical reasons; however, an iPhone can support up to seven. If you want to keep your setup simple, use a Bluetooth headphone or speaker splitter to send audio to two speakers. Sharing music with many devices through Bluetooth can be challenging unless you have the correct tools and experience. You can use an iPhone to connect two or more Bluetooth speakers simultaneously to share music via audio share or other applications.
If you want your iOS device to connect with two Bluetooth speakers, follow these simple steps.
- First, navigate to Settings > Bluetooth on the iPhone/iPad.
- The next step is to activate both speakers.
- The third step is to pair the speakers with Bluetooth.
- Steps 2 and 3 should be repeated for each additional speaker setup you want to install.
Methods To connect iPhone With Multiple Bluetooth Speakers
You can only have one Bluetooth accessory connected to your iPhone at a time. However, we can use some valuable tricks to circumvent this limitation and share audio from multiple Bluetooth devices simultaneously.
Method 1: By Using Bluetooth 5.0
Bluetooth 5.0 is the most recent Bluetooth standard, with several advantages over Bluetooth 4.2. It allows for more simultaneous connections between devices, which means you can connect to multiple headphones or speakers without using a hub or splitter. Bluetooth 5.0 is now supported on the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X.
Assume you have two JBL Flip 4 speakers and one Sony XB40 speaker, all supporting Bluetooth 5.0. You want to play music from your iPhone through all three speakers simultaneously. This is how you do it:
- Check that all your Bluetooth speakers are powered on and in pairing mode. To do so, consult the user manual for each speaker, as their pairing mode may differ. For example, on the JBL Flip 4, hold down the Bluetooth button until you hear the “Connected” sound.
- Bluetooth connects to the first speaker (in our example, one of the JBL Flip 4s). Go to Settings > Bluetooth and tap on the name of your first speaker under ‘Other Devices’ (this will be ‘JBL Flip 4-XXXX’ for JBL Flip 4s).
- Hold down the first speaker in the list of connected devices under My Devices until a menu appears, with the ‘Disconnect’ option selected by default.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each speaker separately until all speakers appear as connected devices in the settings menu.
- Start playing music/videos/podcasts on your iPhone as usual by opening the Apple Music app, Spotify, or any other music app that supports a multi-speaker option. The app will display an AirPlay icon, indicating you can select multiple Bluetooth speakers simultaneously.
Method 2: By Using Apps
Because of Bluetooth’s limitations, connecting multiple Bluetooth speakers to an iPhone takes a lot of work. Only a special app (such as Bose Connect, AmpMe, or Ultimate Ears) synchronizes speakers. AmpMe is the most popular app. It aids in synchronizing multiple Bluetooth speakers and the playback of music from your iPhone.
Due to AmpMe’s compatibility with a wide range of operating systems and speaker manufacturers, the app is a flexible choice for syncing multiple Bluetooth speakers. Here is the step-by-step guide.
- Install the AmpMe app on your iPhone after downloading it. After launching and entering your location, the app will show you all nearby Bluetooth speakers to which you can connect.
- Select the speaker you want to connect by tapping its name, and then tap Connect. Once connected, the speaker will show up under Remote Speakers on the app’s home screen.
- Repeat steps 1-2, and tap Add Another Speaker to add every speaker you want to use Bluetooth to connect to your iPhone.
- For a multi-speaker sound system experience in your home or office, play some music on your iPhone using any app, such as Apple Music, YouTube, SoundCloud, Deezer, and Spotify. It will be played out loud through all the connected speakers simultaneously.
- Boss Connect App
For iPhone users who want to connect several Bose speakers or headphones simultaneously, the Bose Connect app is a fantastic choice. This app only works with Bose speakers and headphones because it is only available on iPhone devices, unlike the AmpMe app. This app makes connecting multiple speakers and switching between stereo and party modes simple. Here are the steps.
- From the Apple Store, download Bose Connect to your iOS device.
- Switch on your Bose devices, such as a speaker or a headset.
- Start the app.
- The app ought to recognize Bluetooth devices automatically. When it does, “Drag to Connect” ought to appear on your screen.
- Connect your Bluetooth speakers on your iPhone or iPad by going to Bluetooth Settings>Bluetooth and tapping Ready to Play at the bottom of the screen. Your speakers or headsets should be listed under the Other Devices section.
- Ultimate Ears App
If you want to connect your Boom and Megaboom speakers to play audio on various paired devices, the Ultimate Ears app is a fantastic choice. It’s crucial to remember that not all speakers or gadgets work with the app. You can play audio on multiple speakers, including a pair of Apple Homepod stereo speakers, by using the app to connect multiple Bluetooth devices and control the audio settings, such as switching to dual audio and toggling the dual audio toggle switch. Here are the steps.
- Two Ultimate Ears Megaboom speakers should be purchased.
- Launch the Ultimate Ears app on your iPhone.
- Go to Bluetooth Settings and choose Ultimate Ears Megaboom from the list.
- Press the Bluetooth and + buttons on the speakers simultaneously to double up.
- Then, add the two speakers by pressing the Bluetooth button twice.
Method 3: By Using HomePod Stereo
One of the best features of HomePod speakers is their ability to be used in stereo pairs with other AirPlay 2 compatible speakers or other HomePod. To enjoy high-quality audio, you can connect multiple HomePods to your iPhone. The most recent versions of iOS and tvOS are all you need to get started.
Follow these steps to use Apple’s HomePod Stereo Pair to connect multiple Bluetooth speakers to your iPhone.
- Open the Home app first on your iPhone, and make sure iOS 11.2 or later is installed on your phone.
- Next, add your HomePod speakers to the Home app and place them in any room. After completing the process, you have three options for connecting multiple Bluetooth speakers to your iPhone.
- Using the first method, you can only use two HomePods or one HomePod and an additional AirPlay 2-compatible speaker. Select the Create Stereo Pair option from the available options by tapping and holding on either of the two speakers under home> Room > Speakers.
- Repeat these steps for a second speaker as well (this will connect all Bluetooth speakers).
iPhone can support multiple Bluetooth speakers, but some restrictions and limitations exist. As a result, in addition to being aware of these restrictions, you should conduct additional research to determine which speakers work with your iPhone.